Polkadoodles - Snowdrift Friends

 Morning Crafters,

I am back with some more Christmas inspiration from Polkadoodles.

It's choosday which means it is time to enter our 'Anything Goes Challenge' over at Polkadoodles Digi ChoosdayRemember to check out the blog for full details and to grab your code to receive a very generous discount from the Polkadoodles shop.

The design team were tasked with creating a card using Christmas images which featured a closure of some kind.

For my closure element, I created a magic iris card which features the cutest snowy scene ever using the snow drift friends



I first started with creating the iris element which I die cut using the lawn fawn magic iris with cover plate add on. I ink blended the sky using Distress Oxide inks in the colour salty ocean and faded jeans. I sprayed water over the background to create an oxidised effect. 

I die cut a snow bank using the lawn fawn hills die which I covered in spectrum noir clear sparkle pen to create a gorgeous sparkle and adhered it directly to the magic iris cover plate.

The snow drift friends. image was coloured using my spectrum noir markers which I then fussy cut and adhered on top of the snow bank.

The sentiment I used on the card is "all hearts come home for Christmas" from the Winnie White Christmas sentiments bundle which is revealed when the magic iris element is in the open position.

To finish the card off I added some white gelly roll pen to create falling snow in the background and added some yellow glitter stars to create a snowy night scene.

I hope you've been inspired by my project and will look forward to seeing all your challenge entries as well as the other fantastic inspiration from the design team.

Make sure you drop by the other design team members blogs and drop them some love by leaving a comment to say hi. as we love hearing from you.

Happy Crafting Mel x


Challenges Entered - 

Patty's Creations - Anything goes challenge

Winter wonderland - Christmas Animals challenge

I love Pro Markers - Anything goes challenge

Simon says stamp - anything goes Wednesday challengea

Through the craftroom door - anything goes

holly and ivy Christmas challenge

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polkadoodles - Mermaid/Ocean - using a specific colour palette

Polkadoodles - Interactive card using florals

Polakdoodles - Critters/animals