Polkadoodles - Suki Cat sending his Christmas list to Santa

 Morning crafters,

It's choosday which means it is time to enter our 'Anything Goes Challenge' over at Polkadoodles Digi ChoosdayRemember to check out the blog for full details and to grab your code to receive a very generous discount from the Polkadoodles shop.

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas over at the Digi Choosday Blog. 

The Design team were challenged to use any Christmas images for a theme of getting organised for Christmas.

When do you start getting organised for Christmas? 

I'd also love to hear all of your getting ready for Christmas hints and tips below in the comments.

The Image I've chosen to use is Suki Cat/Kitten mail & lollipop printable digi Suki has decided to be super organised and post his letter to Santa just to be super sure Santa receives it on time.



I printed Suki Cat out using my laser printer and printed onto polkadoodles white Graphic Paper

I have coloured the image using my Spectrum Noir markers and I have listed them below in case you want to recreate the colouring.

Suki Cat - BGR4, BGR3 & BGR1

Suki Cat scarf - TB5 & TB2

Scarf hearts - DR4 & DR3

Suki Cat inside of ears & Nose - FS4

Envelope - IG2

Lollipop - FS4, DR4 & DR3

I created a snowy scene using a lawn fawn hillside die which I die cut from white cardstock..

For the mail box and the card outside frame I used the Mama Elephant Snail mail dies. 

The mailbox was cut from red cardstock and the outside frame was cut from Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Blue cardstock. The hearts scattered throughout the background were created by using the small heart that it cut from a letter die which is also from the Mama Elephant snail mail die set.

To complete the card I used the sentiment 'Christmas wishes' from the Winnie white Christmas sentiments Printatble Digi which I adhere on to the mail box.

I also added some Glossy accents to the lollipop and hearts to create a shiny finish with dimension and added Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the snowy hill.

As usual, make sure you visit the other design team members blogs and show them some love. They put in a lot of work to ensure there is plenty of inspiration for you all and I’ll look forward to seeing all your submitted projects  

Happy crafting everyone!

Mel x


challenges entered - 

passion for markers challenge week 656

Through the craft room door - anything goes

Try it on Tuesday - keeping it simple

Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge


Comments

  1. This is so cute, love the design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Avril - I appreciate your very kind comments x

      Delete
  2. Super cute card thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :-) I appreciate your kind comments x

      Delete
  3. Cute card. I like that the mailbox has Christmas Wishes written on it. Thank you for entering the Embossing Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card Melanie. The kitty cat is adorable and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining TIOT. Hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Polkadoodles - Mermaid/Ocean - using a specific colour palette

Polkadoodles - Interactive card using florals

Polakdoodles - Critters/animals